America the Beautiful! America the Haunted?
The United States is only about 237 years old, merely a baby in comparison to other major countries, and yet- we are quite proud of our overwhelming numbers of hauntings, paranormal and unexplained phenomenon. What is it about the United States that encourages such frightful and mysterious activity? Why are we Americans so prone to a fascination with what might happen after we depart this life? Well I haven’t the answers to these questions, but I MIGHT be able to point out which cities in the United States are the MOST haunted, for the avid enthusiast. Let’s start with public opinion…as I begin the digging in the paranormal dirt for some much needed information.
- Top 10 Haunted Cities in America – Rent.com | The Shared Wall (rent.com)
- Visit America’s Most Haunted Attractions (apartmentguide.com)
- Slavery Haunts America’s Plantation Prisons (moorbey.wordpress.com)
- Paranormal Weekend Haunts Crescent Hotel (arkansasmatters.com)
- Syfy’s Hit Paranormal Series ‘Haunted Collector’ Returns for Third Season Wednesday, March 6 at 8PM (tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com)
- Paranormal Hot Spots Finds Haunted Spots Near You (mobileprwire.com)
- Of God and Ghost: The Supernatural and the Religious (thespiritseekers.wordpress.com)
- Most Haunted Hotels (hotelscheap.org)
- Do you have any paranormal experiances? (ownedcore.com)
- ParanormAlaska pilot features investigation on Annette Island at the Haunted Hanger! (myalaskanstory.com)
Posted on February 16, 2013, in archaeology, ethnography, folklore, ghost hunting, ghost stories, ghosts, haunted histories, haunted places, historiography, history, mythology, oral history, paranormal, research, sociology, true crime, true ghost stories, true ghost stories, urban legends and tagged archaeology, Chats and Forums, ethnography, Ghost, ghost stories, haunted places, hauntings, history, Investigators, Magazines and E-zines, Most Haunted, Paranormal, Places and Hauntings, sociology, Travel and Tourism, United States. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.